How to Enroll Your Child

FCWCS is takes part in the annual OneApp enrollment process. Information about the district’s centralized enrollment process can be found at or by calling the Parent’s/Visitor’s Centers for information (1.877.343.4773).

Parents needing to place a child once the academic year has already begun can do so by going to one of the three RSD’s Visitor’s Centers (central phone–1.877.343.4773–they will tell you their locations) in New Orleans. They will advise you which schools have openings in the grades you are seeking.

Once you have visited one of the centers (please call for locations and times), they will direct you to FCWCS if we have room in the desired grade(s).

Also information regarding public schools in New Orleans can be had by seeking the New Orleans Parents’ Guide to Public Schools on the Internet.

The following documents (copies) should be brought to enroll your child:

  • Three verifiable proofs of residence (e.g., utility bill, telephone bill, cable bill, etc.)
  • Child’s birth certificate, social security card*, or passport
  • Child’s immunization records
  • Child’s most recent assessment documents–LEAP, iLEAP (if available or applicable)
  • Child’s latest report card/transcript (if available)
  • Child’s Individualized Education Plan (IEP) and/or 504 Accommodation Plan (if applicable and available)

*Disclosure is voluntary for the social security number. The number will be used by the state to verify student enrollment for funding purposes.