FCWCS Carpool Safety
To ensure the safety of our carpool students, staff on duty and maintain the goodwill of our neighbors on Bullard, please read and follow the Carpool Safety rules listed below:
Drop-Off Procedures (Morning)
- Drop-Off–please use the carpool line. Drive up pass the crosswalk as far as you can. Please do not drop students off and leave them before the Carpool Team arrives at 7:30 am. You may remain in the carpool lane with your child(ren) until the team arrives.
- Cell phone usage should not occur while driving in any school zone or on school property. New Orleans Police Department will issue a ticket if you are caught driving and using a cell phone in a school zone ($500.00 for the first offense).
- Slow down in the School Zone (20 miles per hour) and especially on campus, (5 mph). Students often (incorrectly) exit on the driver’s side (please don’t allow your child to do this). They should exit on the sidewalk (passenger) side of the car. The school zone traffic camera is on! Tickets range from $75 to about $125 for speeding.
- Help us keep our campus and neighborhood clean. Don’t throw trash on Bullard or on the campus.
- Don’t block the driveways of our neighbors.
- Don’t blast your radio as you wait in line. Our neighbors may still be sleeping.
Pick-Up Procedures (Afternoon)
- Pick-Up-remain in the car, use the carpool line and drive up to the second exit on the front drive. Students will begin to exit the building about 3:05 pm.
- Do not enter the building or go to the main exit (No. 1) to have a child dismissed early after 2:30 pm. It disrupts the dismissal process for the classroom teacher and the class. Teachers are giving closing instructions for homework, gathering possessions, etc.
- Please do not block the driveways of our neighbors on Bullard.
- No smoking on campus is allowed by state of Louisiana law.
- On rainy days, proceed to the second entrance. Your child will need to exit and proceed to the stars under the overhang. Please keep a poncho or small umbrella in their backpack during the rainy season.