COMMUNITY LEADERS ADVOCATING STUDENT SUCCESS
11755 Dwyer Road
New Orleans, Louisiana 70128
Thursday, June 27, 2019
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING MINUTES
ROLL CALL: by Emily Roubion, Brenda Flint-Minor, Donnyette Love, Shannon London, Anthony LaPierre, Al Edwards
Absent: Debra Dean, Duane Stelly
Additional Attendees: Kelly Batiste, Brenda Watson, Gretchen Johnson
Meeting was called to order at 7:07 p.m.
ADOPTION OF AGENDA*- Anthony LaPierremotioned to adopt the agenda, Al Edwards seconded the motion, all in favor, motion carried.
MINUTES: Brenda Flint-Minormade a motion to accept the minutes as printed and Shannon London seconded the motion, all in favor, motion carried.
CORRESPONDENCES– See Administrative Reports
Kelly S. Batiste, Principal/CEO
- Staffing Update– To date, we are fully staffed. 7 new hires with orientation on July 25th, CEO/Principal and Leadership team report on July 22, and all other staff members report on July 29th.
- Enrollment Update– As of June 26thour enrollment is 538, 477 students have been rolled over from 18-19 school year, 101 new students through OneApp with 61 accepted seats and registered.
- Family Engagement Policy– our focus will be to improve parent participation and will issue the policy to parents as well as have it posted on the website.
- Pupil Progression Plan– No changes will be submitted to the State.
- Action-Send documents (B&L Transportation, Evacuation Plan/Crisis Plan), beginning of school/activity dates (Active Shooter Training 07/17) to board members via email.
- Request-Anthony LaPierre was asked to look over and create updated language to be included in new contracts.
BUSINESS MANAGER REPORT
Brenda Watson, Business Manager
- Budget to Actual Report- was presented to the board
- To offset our 2019-2020 budget, class sections have been reduced.
NEW BUSINESS*: None
OLD BUSINESS: None
PUBLIC COMMENTS: None
ADJOURNMENT*-Anthony LaPierre made a motion to adjourn the meeting; it was seconded by Mrs. Flint-Minor, all in favor, motion carried. Meeting was adjourned @ 7:36 p.m.